Family Only Service Cremation – £2,495* fully inclusive
- Removal of the deceased into our care from the hospital or a care home during office hours
(No dressing, or viewing in light of current circumstance)
- Help, guidance and completion of all paperwork, including liaising with Bereavement Office and Registrars where necessary
(Paperwork will be competed over the telephone to reduce all risk)
- Simple Cremation coffin
- Motor Hearse
- Cremation fees
- Doctors fees
- Celebrant fees to prepare and deliver a 20 minute service, scheduled conference telephone calls to minimise risk, no home visits
- Maximum of 10 mourners/family members to attend the Chapel
- Coffin to be trollied into the Chapel, complying with latest guidelines and placed on to the catafalque prior to family entering the Chapel
- Webcast to be shared with friends and family where available.
*If your loved one is over 21 stone or 6’6″ in height an additional fee of £390 will be applied for a special order coffin and additional bearing staff.
Following the announcement by Boris Johnson please be aware of the following restrictions by Chelmsford City Council.
Chelmsford Cemetery and Crematorium Chapel Services.
Crematorium and Burial Services will continue at Chelmsford Crematorium; New Writtle Street, Chelmsford.
In the context of Public Health England’s, the Government, Federation of Burial and Cremation Authorities and the Institute of Cemetery and crematorium Management advice; the city Council continues its risk based approach to limit and avoid transmission of Corvid 19 virus by limiting attendants at funeral services/gatherings to attendees who are the immediate family: –
- Children (and partners)
To further ensure that such social and personal distancing among these family groups can always be observed, it is necessary to also introduce changes to limit capacity and numbers of immediate family attending funeral services, as follows; –
- Seating within the South Chapel will allow a maximum of 20 people, spaced out to allow appropriate personal distancing with no standing room provided.
- Seating within the North Chapel will allow a maximum of 10 people, spaced out to allow appropriate personal distancing with no standing room provided.
We are absolutely committed to keeping our most essential services running during the outbreak. We apologise for any inconvenience that these measures may cause, but we feel that it is vital to protect our community from unnecessary travel and social contact, as well as to ensure that the service itself can continue with minimal disruption.
In addition, we would also like to confirm the following: –
- Hymn Books are removed from chapels
- Regular cleaning takes place following each service
- Please ensure the name of the deceased is visible on the coffin without the need for flowers to be lifted or the coffin to be touched. (a small discrete name label will suffice we understand it may be difficult create a further name plate).
- Please advise families that there should be no touching of the coffin.
- Curtains will always remain open (avoiding Funeral/chapel staff touching curtains when removing flowers from coffin).
Secure Haven Funeral Directors (Coronavirus/Covid-19)
Here at Secure Haven we are extremely aware of families concerns regarding the coronavirus pandemic and the impending effects. As ever, we will always be transparent and honest in our approach to providing information regarding funeral services.
Please feel rest-assured that we have worked hard to implement all the necessary protocols within our facility as well as when we go out into the community. All our staff have been briefed accordingly to adhere to our preventative guidelines. Please forgive us if we don’t greet you in our usual manner, as we’re limiting personal contact in order that we can continue to best serve you.
If when contacting Secure Haven Funeral Directors to inform us about the loss of your loved one, we will request as to whether the deceased or your family have had any symptoms of coronavirus so that we may respond appropriately.
In these instances we will follow guidelines set out by the Government when attending to the deceased. Suitable PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including face masks, gloves, protective eyewear, and overalls will be worn to protect both ourselves and your family members whist in attendance and continue to uphold the dignity of loved ones’ at all times.
Suitable hand-washing facilities, sanitisers and paper towels are on-hand our facility on Hospital Approach, Broomfield and we would invite all visitors to follow the usual guidelines of hand cleaning on arrival and departure.
We are more than happy to be contacted to discuss any concerns that our wonderful community and families may have and as to funeral options available.
As we will likely follow the directives of other countries that have been affected the coronavirus (covid-19) it appears that the type of funerals available may also be affected over time. In this case we are seeing a directive towards a non-attended, or direct funeral, being both preferable and, in some cases, the only option available.
Secure Haven Funeral Directors are the leading providers of bespoke funeral packages for Chelmsford, Essex. Our non-attended direct cremation Honesty Package at £1,195 enables us to take care of your loved one with the same dignity and respect as any other funeral package. We can also offer a webcam for service funerals where attendance may be limited.
If you are unable to visit in person to arrange a funeral due to isolation, we can accommodate face to face arrangements via Facetime or WhatsApp. Modern technology will help to try to keep our services personal wherever possible.
At Secure Haven, we all understand the distress the coronavirus is having on the local Essex community and the nation overall. With families and children of our own, we will always be at the forefront of our profession.
Our Government has set funeral directors strict public health guidelines in the care of families and the deceased and at Secure Haven Funeral Directors (SHFD) we believe in transparency so that families are aware of the following protocols when dealing with this scenario should it arise.
Prior to arrival at a private residence, Care Home or Hospice all Secure Haven Funeral Director staff will adhere to the following government guidelines; –
1. All SHFD will be required to wear full personal protective equipment (PPE) prior to entering any residence.
2. Family members will not be permitted to be in the room whist the deceased is being prepared prior to being taken into our care.
3. Due to government guidelines and to protect your family and our staff, all deceased will be placed in a suitable body bag prior to transportation.
4. Unfortunately, and with regret we will be unable to have any physical contact with family members during this procedure however we will be able to reassure family members verbally.
5. We will advise as to the necessary procedures to be undertaken by family, carers or care home staff to reduce and limit any further contamination once the removal has taken place.
6. Your loved one will be transported directly to Secure haven Funeral Directors where they will always be prior to the funeral.