Return your loved one to nature in a Bios Urn.
The Bios Urn or (UrnaBios) is a biodegradable urn designed to turn the ashes of your loved one into a memorial tree. The Bios Urn is a funeral urn built from biodegradable materials, cellulose and natural fibres that comes with either a Pine, Maple, Rowan or Birch Seed. These seeds can be germinated in an indoor environment during the winter to grow into a healthy sapling and then planted with the Bios Urn. We strongly advise planting the Bios Urn with a sapling of your choice that suits its UK environment. The Bios Urn can be placed in a planter so that it is mobile, able to move and grow with the family. Bios Urn turns death into a transformation of returning to life through nature.This Biodegradable urn comes with a free seed of your choice from the following. Beech, English Oak, Norway Maple or Ginkgo Biloba. The funeral director or crematorium can assist you with the interment of your loved ones ashes. Secure Haven can also provide the full planting process at an additional cost if you contact the team and are local to Secure Haven / Pet Sanctuary.
SECURE HAVEN ARE THE EXCLUSIVE UK WHOLESALER/ DISTRIBUTOR OF THE BIOS URN. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR TRADE PRICE ENQUIRIES.
- To use the Bios Urn remove the seal and the outer packaging.
- Place the ashes into the urns lower section (your funeral director or crematorium can do this for you.) Close this with the top section, place soil, fertilizer and the sapling inside.
- Bury the urn in fertile soil with its top level with the soils surface and water it.
- In a few days your tree will start to grow.
- The tree will continue to grow year after year forming a beautiful memorial tree.
Information regarding germination of the seed can be found at http://www.treeseedonline.com
If you wish to purchase a tree sapling for your Bios Urn please visit:
To help you with size and choose the correct urn Secure Haven have a simple step by step guide.
- Start by taking some digital scales and the container of ashes that you would have received from the crematorium.
- Place this box onto the digital scales and weigh the ashes.
- If your ashes are contained in a poly-tub, remove 230 grams from the additional weight
- Our rule of thumb is that for every kilogram of cremated remains, this equates to 1 litre of ashes.
- This means if you have approximately 3 kilograms of cremated remains you will need to purchase an urn of between 3-4 litres in capacity.
- Secure Haven have urns to suit all needs available from 0.75 through to 8 litre capacities.
- If you are unsure about sizing an urn please call us on 01277 353776 and we will be able to assist you.
- Additional Information
Delivery Orders for delivery within the UK are sent by APC with guaranteed delivery up to two working days. This will cost £7.95 + vat. A tracking number will be sent to you by email. Dispatch time is next day for orders received before Midday. Orders made outside the UK will take up to 5-7 working days. Material Biodegradable Materials Diameter Approx 14cm or 5inches Height Approx 14cm or 5inches Capacity Overall capacity 3L including Ashes, soil, Fertiliser and Sapling Roots.