DetailsLes Grand Vents – Martin Huot is an extremely talented artist and wood-turner. Working as ‘Les Grands Vents’ he produces exceptional solid wood funeral urns. These are hand carved and turned from one single log in various woods such as Apple, Birch, Cherry and Maple – all sourced locally in Quebec, Canada. These very tactile urns are polished with beeswax to achieve a glass-like, smooth finish. They would sit splendidly within the family home as a piece of natural artwork and discreetly hold the ashes of a loved one or family pet. In turning and crafting the urn, he exposes the very heart of the tree to provide a stunning display of natural colours and textured grains. The domed cap is finished with a beautifully engineered brass thread. As each urn is turned from a single sourced log, no two urns are identical. Each urn is signed, numbered and comes with a certificate of authenticity. Some urns are finished with artistic metal embellishment, such as bronze work. Secure Haven also represent Les Grand Vents throughout Europe.
To help you with size and choose the correct urn Secure Haven have a simple step by step guide.
- Start by taking some digital scales and the container of ashes that you would have received from the crematorium.
- Place this box onto the digital scales and weigh the ashes.
- If your ashes are contained in a poly-tub, remove 230g from the additional weight if they are in a cremation box, remove 200g from the weight.
- Our rule of thumb is that for every kilogram of cremated remains, equates to 1 litre of ashes.
- This means if you have approximately 3 kilograms of cremated remains you will need to purchase an urn of between 3-4 litres in capacity.
- Secure Haven have urns to suit all needs available from 0.75 through to 8 litre capacities.
- If you are unsure about sizing an urn please call us on 01277 353776 and we will be able to assist you.
- Additional Information
Delivery All of our orders for delivery within mainland UK are sent by APC at a cost of £7.95 plus VAT. These will take 1-2 working days from receipt of order. Once the order is complete you will receive a tracking number via email. Orders made outside the uk to certain European countries and across the Scottish highlands may take 5-7 working days and charged at a slightly higher rate. Any enquiries please call us on 01245 357077. Orders made outside the UK will take up to 5-7 working days. Weight Kg 1.3000 Material Wood Seed Type No Diameter Approx 18cm or 7 inches Height Approx 31cm or 12 inches Capacity Approx 4l