Return your loved one to nature in a Bios Urn.
THIS PRODUCT HAS OUT OF DATE PACKAGING BUT IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME PRODUCT AS CURRENTLY BEING MANUFACTURED IN TERMS OF IT'S PHYSICAL STRUCTURE. THUS, THIS IS BEING MARKETED AT THIS PRICE.The Bios Urn or (UrnaBios) is a biodegradable urn designed to turn the ashes of your loved one into a memorial tree. The Bios Urn is a funeral urn built from biodegradable materials, cellulose and natural fibres that comes with a pine seed as standard, which is currently passed its germination date. We ship this Biodegradable urn with a free, fresh seed of your choice from the following; Beech, English Oak, Norway Maple, or Ginkgo Biloba. We advise that you germinate these seeds in an indoor environment during the winter to grow them into a healthy sapling which is then planted with the Bios Urn at a later date. We strongly advise planting the Bios Urn with a sapling rather than a seed, ensuring that it suits the local environment. The Bios Urn can be placed in a planter so that it is mobile, able to move and grow with the family. Bios Urn turns death into a transformation of returning to life through nature. The funeral director or crematorium can assist you with the interment of your loved one’s ashes. Secure Haven can also provide the full planting process at an additional cost if you contact the team and are local to Secure Haven.
- To use the Bios Urn remove the seal and the outer packaging.
- Place the ashes into the urns lower section (your funeral director or crematorium can do this for you.) Close this with the top section placing soil, fertilizer, and the root system of the sapling inside. Over time the root system will break through the lower part of the urn as it starts to degrade.
- Bury the urn in fertile soil making sure the top is level with the soils surface.
- Water the urn regularly to ensure its continued growth.
- After a few days your tree will start to grow.
- The tree will continue to grow year after year forming a beautiful memorial tree.
Information regarding germination of the seed can be found at http://www.treeseedonline.com
If you wish to purchase a tree sapling for your Bios Urn please visit:
To help you with size and choose the correct urn Secure Haven have a simple step by step guide.
- Start by taking some digital scales and the container of ashes that you would have received from the crematorium.
- Place this box onto the digital scales and weigh the ashes.
- If your ashes are contained in a poly-tub, remove 230g from the additional weight if they are in a cremation box, remove 200g from the weight.
- Our rule of thumb is that for every kilogram of cremated remains, equates to 1 litre of ashes.
- This means if you have approximately 3 kilograms of cremated remains you will need to purchase an urn of between 3-4 litres in capacity.
- Secure Haven have urns to suit all needs available from 0.75 through to 8 litre capacities.
- If you are unsure about sizing an urn please call us on 01277 353776 and we will be able to assist you.
- Additional Information
Delivery All of our orders for delivery within mainland UK are sent by APC at a cost of £7.95 plus VAT. These will take 1-2 working days from receipt of order. Orders placed on a Friday will be delivered by 16:00 on Monday. Orders placed after 1PM on a Friday will be processed on Monday for delivery on Tuesday. Once the order is complete you will receive a tracking number via email. Orders made outside the uk to certain European countries and across the Scottish highlands may take 5-7 working days and charged at a slightly higher rate. Any enquiries please call us on 01277 353776. Orders made outside the UK will take up to 5-7 working days. Material Biodegradable Materials Diameter Approx 14cm or 5inches Height Àpprox 30cm or 12inches Capacity Overall Capacity 3L including Ashes, Soil, Fertiliser and Sapling Roots.